Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Powerful Message by a Powerful Role Model


As I continue my travels throughout the state, I often listen to books on tape/CD. The most recent book on tape that I had a chance to listen to is Madeleine Albright's, Madam Secretary. I enjoyed this book a great deal and I would highly recommend it as a "summer reading" for you! Albright's personal as well as professional stories endeared me to this world leader. She is indeed a powerful role model. I think her story will capture your heart!


FROM THE PUBLISHER:
The New York Times best-selling memoir of former secretary of state now (also) in paperback.

In this outspoken and much-praised memoir, the highest-ranking woman in American history shares her remarkable story and provides an insider's view of world affairs during a period of unprecedented turbulence. A national bestseller on its first publication in 2003, Madam Secretary combines warm humor with profound insights and personal testament with fascinating additions to the historical record. Includes a new preface written especially for this edition.

Madeleine Albright, born in Prague, was confirmed as the sixty-fourth secretary of state in 1997. Her distinguished career in government includes positions in the National Security Council, as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, and on Capitol Hill. She lives in Washington, D.C., and Virginia.

Format: Paperback, 736pp

Format: Hardcover, 576pp

Format: Compact Disc Abridged, 5 CDs, 6 hrs. 30 min.

No comments: