Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Opportunity to Serve Nearing an End

My last ISEA Executive Board meeting serving as president was the weekend of May 9-10, 2008. At our August 2007 board meeting, the newly elected board members honored me with a crown and scepter. For the beginning of my last board meeting, I donned the gear one last time.

Each leader serves in this position with their own vision of how the job needs to be done. I promised members I would put a face on who we are as ISEA and listen to their concerns. Four years later I can say I have visited over 400 Iowa communities and thousands of classrooms, to bus barns, school cafeterias, Area Education Agency offices, and our great Community College campuses.

Thanks Team ISEA for the opporunity to serve as your president. Thank you for all you continue to do for Iowa students!

4 comments:

Gale K. Smetana said...

Linda:

Congratulations and thank you for your service. I remember the time you toured our student T.V. production studio at Kirkwood. It's those personal touches that make the memorable; I hope you have many wonderful memories to take with you.

Gale K. Smetana

Unknown said...

Linda--We are so thankful for your leadership as ISEA president. You have done a great deal to support and serve the teachers of Iowa. Your visits to Atlantic were always appreciated. We will miss your leadership but wish you much success and happiness as you return to your classroom in Council Bluffs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda....Only met you once at the Johnston Heartland AEA11 Office, but very much appreciated your attention and concern for our association. Best of luck at Carter Lake!

Tom Stinard

Anonymous said...

Linda is a wonderful example of providing service to others, a dynamic leader, and a caring individual. Linda is a first class teacher and Iowa educators have been very fortunate to have her lead the ISEA for four years. It will be my honor to continue working with Linda at Carter Lake Elementary.