Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Keeping A Promise to NEA RA Delegates


Team ISEA Delegates to the NEA Representative Assembly in Orlando were challenged by me to contribute $150 per delegate to the NEA Fund for Children and Public Education. I promised that if they would on an average contribute at that level, I would appear throughout Summer Conference in New York Yankee gear (as a long time Boston Red Sox fan). Team ISEA delegates rose to the challenge and exceeded that minimum level with an average per delegate contribution of $202.00! They exceeded the challenge, so I lived up to my promise! Trying on the gear before the delegates arrived, I just can't seem to get into the spirit of Yankee gear!


John Kealey, president of the Davenport EA and life-long Red Sox fan, joins me in wearing Yankee gear throughout ISEA Summer Conference in Storm Lake, IA. Thanks, John for your support of a great cause--contributing to the NEA Fund for Children and Public Education! You helped keep the promise and are a great team player!

No comments: