Wednesday, August 09, 2006

We All Rely on Great Mentors, Me Too!


Just as you mentor a new colleague, taking them under your wing, I too have a mentor in my role as ISEA President. Judy Briganti, President of the Indiana State Teacher's Association, has served as my NEA Mentor since I began serving in June of 2004. Judy is an elementary classroom teacher and in her second term as president of the Indiana educators. I was honored to have Judy join Team ISEA in Storm Lake. She was able to attend our ISEA Executive Board meeting on Monday afternoon; participate in the dinner meeting with Executive Board members and members of our four state committees; be present throughout all day Tuesday--our kickoff with Wavelength and picnic with Senator Edwards; and took off for a meeting right before lunch on Wednesday in Minneapolis.

President Briganti was able to share the suite at the dorms with me, so we had additional time to reflect our "Iowa tradition" to how she has tried things in her home state of Indiana.

And just like when you mentor someone in your building or local association, friendships happen. I consider Judy not only a mentor, but also a great friend. Thanks Team ISEA for showing our great hospitality to a colleague from Team NEA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great meeting you Judy. Thanks for attending our summer conference. Wanda