Monday, January 23, 2006

Connecting with Shenandoah EA Members

Monday marked my return to my "home" UniServ Unit. I am grateful for our Team ISEA staff in our Red Oak--ISEA Regional Office for putting together the great opportunities for me to visit SWUU locals. Thanks go out to UniServ Directors John Phillips and Pat Shipley and UniServ Secretary Marilyn Paul for all they do every day for Team ISEA members in SWUU!

I spent Monday, January 23rd in Shenandoah reconnecting with leaders and members. Patti Lu Ford, Southwest UniServ President and Barb Cunningham, Chair ISEA Retired; accompanied me through most of the day. Pictured with me are the Shenandoah EA co-presidents Lesley Ehlers (center) and Amy Bopp (right). They are a great team that has increased membership and also have contract negotiations underway!

Members of both the teacher's and support staff associations gathered after school in room filled to capacity to share concerns with me. Concerns were from their classroom, that included the impact that decisions state policy makers have on their classrooms and in the school setting as well as workload issues.


Pictured with me are second graders from Marcia Volker's and Maria Blake's homerooms. I read aloud Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type, by Doreen Cronin to the combined group. The students did a terrific job of making predictions based on the story pattern. You are awesome second graders!




First grade students from Lesley Ehlers's Math class listened to the read-aloud from Click, Clack, Moo too. They were especially tickled to receive the "mood" pencils from ISEA!

No comments: