Friday, February 24, 2006

Francis Marion Intermediate School

Marion EA president Barb Tarwater and I visited FMI School as our third stop of the day in the Marion Independent School District. Showering with me with gifts is Art teacher Karen Hoyt. I am holding a "worry doll" that the students made for me. Karen shared, the doll was extra big since I probably had extra big worries. Karen is holding a paper dragon that students made in honor of the the Chinese Year of the Dragon.



Karen demonstrates here for the students and I (at left) her subject area/Art on the FMI School portion of the Marion Independent School District website.



Pictured at left are "Gates" decorating the walls of the FMI School Media Center. With Karen's leadership, students in each grade level created the work to decorate each "Gate".

The students and staff are extra fortunate to have their own artist in residence working with them each and every school day in Karen Hoyt!

No comments: