Sunday, February 12, 2006

Landmarks from Communities around Iowa


In the fall of 2005 I visited locals in Geode UniServ Unit. Pictured at left is Snake Alley in Burlington. It was fun to actually see this street as I often read the book I is for Iowa to elementary students when I visit classrooms and "S" is for Snake Alley!

Pictured at right, I have the Mighty Mississippi River to my back. In the fall of 2005 I visited local associations all along the "eastern seaboard" of Iowa.


Look carefully and you will see me walking out of the cornfield at the Field of Dreams in Dyersville.



I visited Newton in early November of 2005. Here I am in front of the Maytag Headquarters sign.




On my Lincolnway UniServ Unit tour in early November 2005, I visited two elementary schools in Jefferson-Scranton. Pictured here is the bell tower in Jefferson.



Also on my visit to Lincolnway locals I visited the elementary, middle school and high school buildings in Audubon. The landmark for Audubon is "Albert the Bull".




The final landmark of my fall visits was here at my own elementary building, Carter Lake Elementary School. I'm pictured here with our school principal and my good friend, Kim Kazmierczak.

No comments: