Friday, November 30, 2007

A Visit to the Russell Community School



On Wednesday, November 28th the second local SCUU Director Jim Crotty and I visited was to Russell. Here we were greeted by Russell EA president Arick Anderson (pictured at left). Arick is the K-12 Music teacher.




Arick arranged for me to read to the Kindergartners as they ate their lunch. Aren't they just pretty darned cute? I forget how full of questions little children can be!


Following the read aloud, UniServ Director Crotty and I had a chance to visit with two other great Russell EA members. Pictured at left is Alice Lunbergs. Alice teaches Title I Reading. Also joining us was Jamie Ginkens, elementary teacher (who said she didn't like to have her picture taken)!

Director Crotty and I had the opportunity to listen to these great educators share their concerns for their district of shrinking enrollment and what they see as possible opportunities for their students and for themselves as professionals. This is an ever increasing concern in many areas of the state.

No comments: