Sunday, April 27, 2008

39th Annual Iowa Alpha Delta Kappa Convention

On Saturday, April 26th I ventured to Pella, IA for the annual Iowa Alpha Delta Kappa Convention to share my story of serving as ISEA's state president. Alpha Delta Kappa is an honorary Teacher's Sorority; I am a member of Alpha Iota chapter in Council Bluffs.

The convention was held at Graham Conference Center on the campus of Central College in Pella, Iowa. Twenty-six Iowa chapters were represented by 63 delegates at today's convention.


Beverly Fletcher (at left) state president and a member of Alpha Iota chapter, presided over today's convention. The convention received greetings from ADK International as well as from a welcome from Central College.

Presentations were made to Lions Foundation and to the student recipient of Iowa's ADK scholarship.

Dr. Kris Kilibarda (at right) an instructor at Central College and a member of Alpha Iota chapter provided the "welcome" from Central College and made my introduction.

At the break following my remarks, I had many ADK member/delegates share with me their involvement in their local education association. ADK members are also EA leaders in Cedar Rapids, Mason City, New Hampton, Charles City and Boone--to name a few! It should not have surprised me, it sure brought home what we always say, "Team ISEA". We are indeed a team!

Alpha Iota Chapter Members in attendance

Alpha Iota chapter members in attendance (from Council Bluffs); left to right--Jeanette Watson, Alpha Iota president; Marge Kilibarda, state Treasurer; Kris Kilibarda, state convention co-chair; Beverly Fletcher, state president; Linda Cooper, state convention co-chair; and me.

No comments: