Sunday, April 27, 2008

Gunn School Stop Wraps Up Visit in Council Bluffs

Thanks to CBEA leader and member of the Negotiations team, Carol Mattox for making arrangements for my visit to Gunn School on Wednesday afternoon, April 23rd. Carol in a Talented and Gifted teacher in the Council Bluffs Schools and Gunn is one of her assignments.

My first classroom visit at Gunn Elementary was in the 6th grade classroom of Lori Reschly. I had the students join in with first reading, then singing with me the song "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". I then read aloud the poem, "Casey at the Bat".

I next read to the combined group of two classes of Kindergarten students. Ms. Ruth Rysta (on left) and Ms. Melissa Taylor (on right) invited me to read aloud 17 Things I'm Not Allowed to do Anymore. I have known Ruth as a colleague for many years and it was fun to catch up (even if it was very brief)!

The last classroom visit took me into the classroom of longtime CBEA building rep, 1st grade teacher Kathleen Kruse. It was great to reconnect with this great CBEA leader today!


Thanks to all at Gunn School for your leadership in the classroom and in the association!

No comments: