Friday, March 10, 2006

Southeast Warren Primary Celebrates Dr. Seuss's Birthday

My first stop of the day on Thursday, March 2nd, was in Milo, Iowa at SE Warren Primary School. Children and adults alike were excited about celebrating literacy and Dr. Seuss's birthday!

Pictured at left is Mrs. Young and her 3rd grade classroom after I had the opportunity to read aloud, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut, by Dr. Seuss.


Children and adults continue to enjoy the literature created by Dr. Seuss. Seuss had a remarkable touch in creating fun with language! Pictured at right are Mrs. Baker and her 3rd graders, filled with smiles, a Dr. Seuss stickers on their shirts, and all excited about reading.


Another great classroom I had the fun of sharing a Dr. Seuss favorite was for Mrs. Burgin and her 2nd grade (pictured at left). Joining us was Mrs. Williams and her 2nd grade class as well as teacher associate Jean Garrison.


The final classrom I had the honor of sharing a favorite story with was in Mrs. Keenan's 1st grade classroom. South Central UniServ Director Jim Crotty and I then had the chance to sit down over school lunch and visit with staff.

Thank you all SE Warren Primary educators for the work you do every day to get students excited about reading!

No comments: