Tuesday, December 11, 2007

As Yogi Berra Once Said, "It's Deja-vu All Over Again. "

Well, here I am hunkered down in the AmericInn in Hampton, Iowa waiting for the winter storm to pass. It was just this past February/March when I stayed three nights in the Super 8 in Atlantic, Iowa when a blizzard hit! I'm am keeping positive thoughts, hoping this too will pass!

The forecast was correct, from the southwest and northwest part of Iowa, all across southern and central Iowa as well as over to eastern Iowa (including Cedar Rapids and Iowa City) up to Dubuque....schools are canceled. The storm layered on a heavy coating of ice before the snow fall began.

My day today was to be entirely in the Iowa Falls Community School District. I love visiting Iowa Falls! The community reminds me of the town Bedford Falls from the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life"! I am hopeful I can reschedule my school visits there. In the meantime, the TV announced this morning Iowa Falls would have a two hour delay, but shortly thereafter school was canceled for the entire day.

Sandra G., one of the two great UniServ Directors here in the ISEA Hampton office, is picking me up for lunch. An outing! The Hampton-Dumont Schools are open today. I also get to visit the UniServ office here following our lunch. I believe that of the ten regional ISEA offices, this is the last one to visit.

I did venture out to the van and got my snow boots. Here (on the left) is my possible dinner plans, Godfather's Pizza. I did have dinner there last night with Unit Two leaders, but it is in the neighborhood--across the street from the motel.

The other possibility is (here on the right) at the Honk n' Hollar Diner, but the sign says, "closed".

Stay tuned...I'm making the most of my "snow day"! I did some online Christmas shopping earlier this morning!

No comments: