Thursday, October 25, 2007

An Afternoon Spent With Association Friends In New Hampton

Following lunch in Nashua, UniServ Director Kevin McDermott and I were off to New Hampton.
New Hampton EA President Kristie Brincks greeted us with open arms upon our arrival! My assignment to start the afternoon was to meet with all NINETY 8th graders in the school auditorum and speak to them about "leadership". The students were a most cooperative audience and the time went quickly!

I had the chance to read aloud in the combined group of 2-3-4-5 year olds in the room of teacher Jolene Denner (in back row-light blue shirt). I read the book Duck for President. I certainly have a new appreciation for the teachers and paraprofessionals that work with students this young!

Next we were off to the combined group of three 4th grade classes where I read aloud Probuditi. Pictured at left are the classes of Anita Quirk, Dennis Pagel, and Rachel Fliris. Oh, how I love spending time with 4th graders!

The final classroom visit was in the 3rd grade homeroom of long-time friend, Michelle Hoy. This was Red Ribbon Week in many districts and here in New Hampton students and adults were celebrating , "Hat Day". Michelle is pictured here with her 3rd graders (seated in back row, 2nd from the left).

At the end of a full day in school, New Hampton EA and SSA members were able to gather for conversation and a soda. Here (at left) I'm pictured with New Hampton EA President Kristie Brincks. On the right is long-time friend and association activist Jean Swenson. Thanks New Hampton EA and SSA for all you do as leaders on Team ISEA!

1 comment:

Roy Bishop said...

It's always great to be with a group of kids in some kind of learning enviornment. I'm sure you miss it as much as I do.