Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Rainy Afternoon Takes Us to Poyner Elementary in Waterloo



Following a quick lunch, UniServ Director Shelly and I headed to the brand new school building (opened this fall) of Poyner Elementary.


I had the chance to read to two different classrooms. Our first stop was in the 1st grade homeroom of Dawn Even. One of the best parts of the classroom visit it to leave behind our ISEA pencils. The children are delighted to learn the pencils are "mood" pencils! They love to see the purple pencil turn to a bright pink right there in their warm little hands!

It was especially fun to visit this next classroom. Here I reconnected with Michelle Wolfensperger. Michelle had taught at Elk Run Heights Elementary when I last visited her. Now today, I got to see her in the new surroundings of a beautiful new building! Michelle is the Waterloo EA Memebership Chair and doing a down right terrific job!

No comments: