Friday, September 22, 2006

A Full Day in Cedar Rapids

In the afternoon of September 14th, I met in the Cedar Rapids ISEA Regional office with the folks from Learfield Communications to be interviewed for ISEA's new "podcast". ISEA is the first NEA state affiliate to use a podcast as a form to communicate with members. Check out episode one which lasts approximately 20 minutes (first of ten--various Team ISEA folks to be interviewed) to be posted on our ISEA website http://learfieldcreative.typepad.com/isea/.

Following the podcast interview I was whisked away by local Cedar Rapids EA leader Beth Holt for a live radio interview on the WMT- AM 600, " The Bob Bruce Show". In the short while I was on-air, we had one caller phone in with a question. It was a nice way to "get my feet wet".

After the school day was complete, I went door knocking in the Pierce School neighborhood with ISEA member/recommended candidate Art Staed. Joining us (with way more energy then I had) was UniServ Director Kathy Krehbiel.

No comments: