Friday, September 01, 2006

Superman's Mom is a Member of Team ISEA/NEA



On Thursday, August 31st I had the opportunity to reconnect with a member I had met a few weeks earlier. I first met Katie volunteering time on a beautiful Saturday morning to go door-to-door for one of our ISEA-PAC recommended candidates. Katie Routh, of the Norwalk Professional Education Association and an elementary Multi-Age 2/3 classroom teacher, joined with other NPEA members for lunch on Thursday to kick off the school year.

As the excitement in Iowa was growing near the end of June for the opening of the movie "Superman Returns", I learned that Brandon Routh, a.k.a. Superman, his mother was a teacher. The good leader that I am, I checked for her membership. Sure enough, Katie Routh has been a career-long member of Team ISEA/NEA! When I chatted with my friend Ann Swenson (a teacher in Norwalk) about Katie, Ann shared with me that Katie was the first person in the building that she met and enthusiastically encouraged her membership in the association. Ann went on to say what an awesome individual Katie is-- a terrific teacher and a great, great person.

Not only is Katie a member of our team, but a leader in the NPEA! Katie is a long-serving member of the NPEA Negotiations team. Katie, how lucky we are to have you on our team and we think you are a "SUPERWOMAN"!

No comments: