Monday, October 23, 2006

NEIEU Tour Takes Me to Wapsie Valley Community Schools


On Wednesday, October 18th my day took NEIEU UniServ Director Jeremy Kunz and I to Fairbank to Wapsie Valley Community Schools. In Fairbank we visited the elementary building getting the chance to read in three classrooms. Greeting us was Amy Sheppard, Kindergarten teacher and president of the Wapsie Valley EA. I had the chance to do a read aloud to President Amy’s Kindergarten classroom (pictured at left). What a delightful group of children! Thanks for your leadership, Amy!


I next read to the 4th grade class of Susan Ferriss. Thanks Susan for sharing your students with me! Pictured at right is Susan and her 4th grade homeroom. Oh, how I love returning to the 4th grade classroom!


Before leaving Wapsie Valley Schools elementary building I had the chance to read to Tina Van Den Hul’s 1st grade. Tina and her 1st graders are pictured on the left.

Thanks Tina, Susan and Amy for the magic you do every day for Iowa’s students!

No comments: