Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Tuesday Takes Me to Interstate 35 Community School District


On Tuesday, October 3rd I joined South Central UniServ Unit Director Jim Crotty in Truro to spend time with Team ISEA members from Interstate 35 EA.

We were greeted by local EA president Vicki Westerly, an enthusiastic educational leader! Here Vicki is pictured with UniServ Director Crotty (at the left). Vicki is wearing a team jersey for Homecoming Week at I-35. Vicki is the kind of great leader we would like to "clone"--she can build enthisiasm for an issue and she built a great crowd of members to meet on a Tuesday morning! I'll tell you, I left Turuo with an extra bounce to my step just trying to keep up with Vicki for the morning! I first met Vicki at Summer Conference in Storm Lake in August of this year.

President Vicki Westerly arranged for the I-35 EA members to gather in her classroom well before the school day began to greet me and not only hear about my travels and what I hear from their colleagues across the state, but to share issues of concern with Director Crotty and me.

Thanks President Westerly for your leadership and thanks Interstate 35 EA members for the great work you continue to do in the classroom! I love the beautiful bouquet of flowers you gave me too!

No comments: